Babel is a new print magazine all about language and linguistics.
With Prof. David Crystal as Linguistic Advisor and Profs. Lesley Jeffries and Dan McIntyre as co-editors, it is written and compiled by world-class linguists. Nevertheless, it is aimed at a wide range of language-lovers, bringing cutting edge research in linguistics to our subscribers in an accessible and fun glossy magazine.
Each full issue is 52 pages of language-lovers' lore, including articles on such topics as:
• The vagaries of English spelling
• The lost language of gay men
• How language can be used as forensic evidence
• The scientific discourse of beauty adverts
• A linguist's personal account of the effects of stroke on his language abilities.
As well as these interesting articles, each issue of Babel also includes regular features, such as:
Don't miss this opportunity to have Babel delivered directly to your door! Click to subscribe now.
• Prices are inclusive of tax and are the same for individuals and institutions
• P&P is charged per order, not per item, so if the customer orders print for 2013 and for 2014, they are only charged P&P once
• Babel 2013 is currently only available in print